When ordering a repeat prescription 48 hours (two working days) notice is normally required. We recommend collection of prescriptions after 2pm.
Please note if you have ordered your items too early then your order will be held back until the appropriate time to issue. Your doctor will only allow items to be issued within 7 days of an item being due excluding items which are classed as a controlled nature.
Requests can be made by:
- Posting your repeat slip through our post box located at the entrance of the building (Mon – Sun).
- Leaving your repeat slip at reception (Mon – Fri).
- Telephoning 957672 and leaving a message.
- Post, please include an sae if you require it posting back to you
- Faxing your request on 01253 957 613
- Email direct to email@example.com
- Order online – Please remember to fill out all boxes with a Red *:
- Please note that this prescription form and the prescription email address are only for ordering your prescriptions. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your prescriptions you must telephone/visit the surgery. Emails will NOT be responded to for security/confidentiality.
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £7.85
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website